Works sold via Gallery Gerlanius in Sweden

In his early career, Nicholaas Chiao was known as Nicholas Chistiakov. This forum could be used to resolve the issues and make connections.
Nicholaas

Works sold via Gallery Gerlanius in Sweden

Post by Nicholaas »

My very early impressionistic works (American and Crimean plein air landscapes and more surreal paintings of the Mannequins in storefront in SOHO) were sold in Sweden by Gallery Gerlanius in 2004-2007. I never had much relations with my Swedish collectors, but believe me, I do care that my paintings sold previously are all right. And collectors are quite happy. They were usually signed in Russian and English Nikolai Chystiakov or Nikolai Chistyakov. I saw that one (Crimean Cafe scene) even reappeared at the Stockholm Auction house estimated for a quite small price, as it would be predicted with no previous Auction history, no active Museum loans and exhibitions, and no special agreements, including auction guarantees. Art collectors, believe me, the auction houses have plenty of previous buyers and huge marketing lists, and if the Auction houses have more respect for you, as consignors, and for me, as an artist the prices will be set quite higher and marketing will be done well. And sales will take place. All we need is to build more respect and recognition. Do not hesitate to share and promote my works in your collections! The more people are familiar with my work - the higher estimates will be the results.
Last edited by Nicholaas on Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
salebo78@hotmail.com

Re: Works sold via Gallery Gerlanius in Sweden

Post by salebo78@hotmail.com »

Im very happy with my two paintings. They are located in Norrköping, Sweden.
I enjoy them everyday. (Night) (In passing).
Nicholaas

Re: Works sold via Gallery Gerlanius in Sweden

Post by Nicholaas »

How cool that you've answered. I'm so happy that you found my new website. It was quite many years ago when I worked with Hans Alexander Gerlanius. You are the first of quite a lot of collectors of my work who answered me on my art forum.

I'm quite happy, that you are satisfied with my work. Do you have other artists in your collection? Are you part of the museum's boards of trustees or know art curators and gallerists? I'd love to have a history of my paintings to continue with the participation in some exhibitions because you can loan them probably. I am trying to establish better contacts with curators, but I'm not established enough yet and not wealthy to be strong in their motivation.

Nicholaas Chiao, In Passing, 2006, oil on canvas

All the best,
Thank you very much for commenting here.
Nicholaas

Return to “Works by Nicholas Chistiakov in Your Collections”