Experience with Selling on SaatchiArt.com

Tips, experiences, and more solid information on selling art online and with brick-and-mortar spaces. Experiences with top online galleries (artnet.com, artsy.net) and auction platforms (sothebys.com, christies.com, phillips.com), online galleries, and their pros and cons. Nft market.
Nicholaas

Experience with Selling on SaatchiArt.com

Post by Nicholaas »

I can share only that I was able to sell only one painting for $500 and about 10-20 prints of my earlier paintings. It can't be a miracle - there are too many of other artists who are also looking to sell about one million (combined) of own paintings together. Of course, if you deploy own marketing to that page results could be much better. Some artists are pointing all of their social networks to promote their saatchiart.com page and achieve more success in business of art.
Nicholaas

Re: Experience with Selling on SaatchiArt.com

Post by Nicholaas »

Also, their curatorial expertise tends to be quite questionable, as far as they highlighted some of my earliest and sketchy works and denied noticing and promoting more professional and later examples. I'd say I've damaged my reputation with their website not giving me exposure. It would be equal to the group show with no name artists, most of whom see art as only a hobby. No? Maybe I'm wrong.
Nicholaas

Re: Experience with Selling on SaatchiArt.com

Post by Nicholaas »

Actually I will not recommend to use saatchiart.com to anyone. This is as for March 2024. Maybe in times it was owned by Charles Saatchi it was much better; currently it is simply bad online gallery damaging his name and cutting edge reputation in art.

Return to “Selling Art online and Offline”