You Have no Talent

Open Forum to discuss the art and life of Nicholaas Chiao - the Contemporary Artist of Belarus-American origins. Nicholaas Chiao (b.1981) Minsk, Belarus. Nicholaas was born into a family of Soviet computer scientists. Great grandfather of him, Alexander Staszewski served as the Minister of Justice of BSSR during Joseph Stalin's era. He was accused of espionage for Poland and was executed during Stalinist repressions. Nicholaas Chiao is a multidisciplinary artist working with painting, drawing, sculpture, and internet projects. He is also known for his works in a variety of styles on the themes of joy of life and sadness of death.
Beatriz

You Have no Talent

Post by Beatriz »

You completely don't see the American beauty, you will never be in our museums.
Nicholaas

Re: You Have no Talent

Post by Nicholaas »

Excuse me I can't pretend that talent exist in this world. There are other much more clear terms to define success in art:

Professionalism is use of composition, art of drawing and painting
Innovation-technology use in art
Creativity, ability to engage and surprise viewer
Stylishness
Uniqueness
Mystery

And, probably, something else.
Nicholaas

Post by Nicholaas »

All my achievements in art is simply result of my intelligence, not a miracles. I will never support not scientific approach to art. If you assume I'm stupid, I assume you making mistake even starting conversation!
Nicholaas

Post by Nicholaas »

Try conducting independent voting by people in blind. I mean they shouldn't know who is author and what CV is about; not Instagram zombification and faux likes.
Nicholaas

Post by Nicholaas »

Don't even dare to think that you are bigger American in all American greatness than I am. I love America for many things that is right here.
Nicholaas

Post by Nicholaas »

Let me guess, Pablo Picasso, In your opinion is probably very talented artist? Let's challenge this idea. His father, Jose Ruiz was a professor who could with no doubt be credited with Picasso's proper early education, like not much other children. (Beside children of artists who willingly early educated them on own level.) Lets think that he taught all drawing and painting techniques and how to use help of optical devices including photography and camera obscura. This why early Picassos so talented in your opinion. In my opinion, they are simply skilled and more professional, than work of same year students. He definitely captured success by this early advantage. Than he simply received opportunity to work on art daily and simply produced multiplicity of versions of all kinds of art imaginable. Talent? or education! and hard daily work! on the same direction?
Nicholaas

Post by Nicholaas »

To tell you truth, my early education was no match to Picasso. My father and mother were in failing computer industry of Soviet Union. They were not so good with computers and much worse with art. Yes, I've studied in art school, but nobody taught me there to trace photographs, to use drawing on the glass from live model, to train eye to be precise without optics, to use camera obscura, to make underpaintings, to polish each layer, to do collages for each composition, as well as enough of color theory, composition principles and philosophy and history of art. Some students, whose parents were artists and educated this students at homes made own children superior to me. I learned everything in depth by myself, and much later to Pablo Picasso. But now I know about art no lesser than him, and even if I was not wunderkind in school like him, I have all chances and tools to supersede him in my age.

Return to “The Art of Nicholaas Chiao and prediction of his future value. Factors and Facts”