Looking forward Whitney Biennial 2024

Current state of the USA Art
admin
Site Admin

Looking forward Whitney Biennial 2024

Post by admin »

If you have any upcoming news, proceed with sharing them here!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Looking forward Whitney Biennial 2024

Post by admin »

From the Whitney Museum Website:
The 2024 Whitney Biennial: Even Better than the Real Thing, Mar 20, 2024 is organized by Chrissie Iles and Meg Onli, with Min Sun Jeon and Beatriz Cifuentes. The performance program is organized by Iles and Onli, with guest curator Taja Cheek. The film program is organized by Iles and Onli, with guest curators Korakrit Arunanondchai, asinnajaq, Greg de Cuir Jr, and Zackary Drucker.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Enjoy or hate it, this is nearly all works by artnet news team https://news.artnet.com/art-world/in-pi ... 24-2451248 we, personally did not visited yet in person and will rather not comment. Is it better than previous years? Well we saw excellent biennials before. Go visit Whitney and feel free to discuss the show here!
The Realist

Post by The Realist »

I haven't seen a single work on this biennial addressing the tragedy of war in Ukraine and Palestine, nothing about joblessness, homelessness, and future replacement of man by artificial intelligence, nothing about renewable energy, and not a mention absence of comments on man-animal cruelty. It is worthy of an Affordable Art Fair commercial display of student work, rather than a real event of the scale of a biennial in such a level institution as the Whitney Museum of American Art. I believe works that are absent there are still present in artists' studios not noticed by show organizers. No. It is a faulty show. No.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I heard from someone about being a museum curator - it's like working at the bank, no chance of experiment. Don't be harsh to curators, they would lose their jobs for any incorrectness in commenting on wars.
Nicholaas

Post by Nicholaas »

The Realist, you overly demanding! All shows cannot be epoch making exhibitions like Sensation by YBA, with your ideas you must curate your own groundbreaking show. Nobody was able to fire Charles Saatchi, this why he was a less of banker, more of experiment man.
The Realist

Post by The Realist »

I am not too demanding. Thousand and thousands of people die in these wars. Museums cannot ignore this reality. What purpose Picasso painted Guernica for and why it was timely exhibited? Why? Nazi Germany was more democratic to permit an exhibition? I'm asking you, this country is actively supplying weapons to conflicts that already claimed more than half a million lives. Supplying weapons instead dividing both sides of conflicts and taking peacemakers stand, worthy of American Democracy, worthy of American Legacy, worthy of best of American Presidents. Is it not worthy of notice? A thought? A dove of peace? The smallest protest in the form of an anti-war statement? Go jobless Meg Onli, but go like an Art Curator, not someone who is just filling some position.
The Realist

Post by The Realist »

Go Trump, go Trump!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't know. I'm also against wars. What we have Police Force 4 if we accept murder as part of war action. In my opinion, the 21st century should be the century for education, diplomacy, and wealth, not cruelty, conflict, and imperial ambitions.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

We cannot permit Russia to take Ukrainian territories. Ukraine is our ally in the fight against all totalitarian regimes in the world. Russia should be given a lesson, on who is stronger on this planet.

Return to “American Art”